In 2017-18 we will receive an additional £8400 from the government to continue to promote physical education.
This money will enable us to:
- Continue to enable children in Years 3, 4 and 5 to access weekly swimming lessons
- Fund sessions with sporting specialists, e.g. dance workshops, football coaching
- Participate in a wide range of competitive activities within the cluster and across the county
- Purchase additional sporting equipment for whole school use
- Widen the sporting opportunities of our children by funding a day visit by each class to an external provider, e.g. climbing, sailing.
Through our continued expansion of the sporting opportunities for our children, facilitated by the Sports Premium funding, our children continue to compete in cricket, cross country, TAG rugby, hockey and athletics tournaments. We have witnessed the emergence of a real enthusiasm for sport across the school and the federation, the success of our teams and the increased participation of our children in a multitude of sporting events.