Join our School
We do still have places for children wishing to join Reception in September 2023 and would encourage you to come and see us! As with mid-year transfers if you are coming to us from another school, all applications must be made through the Norfolk County Council admissions process but we'd welcome you for an informal chat and tour of our school - just call or email the School Office.
When does a child start school?
- Parents are entitled to defer their child’s admission or request that their child attend on a part-time basis. By law, children must start statutory education full-time no later than the beginning of the term following their fifth birthday.
- You will need to make an application for a reception class place, even if your child currently attends a nursery class at the same school
- Attendance at a nursery attached to a school, does not normally give you any priority for a place at that school
Make an application
If you apply online, decisions will available on the school admissions website. If you complete a paper application form, we will send you a letter, telling you the decision.
Information on admissions and schools in Norfolk
- For full information and frequently asked questions, download our parents’ guide to admissions to schools in Norfolk (pdf)
- See our detailed guide to primary and infant schools in Norfolk (pdf)
- Search and find details on the catchment school(s) for your address
- Download guidance on deferring your child’s reception place until the following year (pdf)